Prey Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Website Home
       HOME
Prey Masters
Fox Pro

Remington
Under Armour
Realtree
MOJO Outdoors
Nikon
Hornady
Winchester
T/C

two days, four cats!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prey Masters
Pro Staff
Prey Masters

two days, four cats! Empty
PostSubject: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Something is working to get cat's to come in, but dangit I can't close the deal! Tried a big cedar glade on my buddies farm, and used a squealing bird call with my Mojo Critter. Within 3 minutes I had Blue Jays and Finches throwing a fit to my right in the thickets, nastiest stuff on the farm! Caught a glimpse of movement sneaking in but couldn't get a good look. Finally snuck through an opening and got a glimpse of his ears and that was it. The dude wouldn't come out of the briers and went away.

Had the same thing happen on my last sit in a new place, Blue Jays started throwing a fit getting closer and closer, caught a glimpse of movement and then nothing except the Blue Jays following it back the way it came. I don't know what I've got to do to close the deal, but that's a heartbreaker!
Back to top Go down
https://preymasters.forumotion.com
XTREMETEXAS
Pro Staff
XTREMETEXAS

PostSubject: Re: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:08 pm

sounds like your almost doin it all right. I like to use a rabbit or squirell dog training scent. You can pick it up at most sporting dog supply stores. I find that the extra scent is sometimes just enough to get them to come on in.
Back to top Go down
MOpredator
Pro Staff
MOpredator

PostSubject: Re: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:43 pm

Keep it up, they are bound to screw up one of these times, though they are very smart predators.
Back to top Go down
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

PostSubject: Re: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Dude,... Id be throwin some lead!!!!
Back to top Go down
Prey Masters
Pro Staff
Prey Masters

PostSubject: Re: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:04 pm

I could never be sure what my crosshairs were on. Had the rifle, needed the shotgun. I'm always zigging when I should zag I think on the weapon choice! Like I said, they need a .22-250 / 12 guage over and under gun!
Back to top Go down
https://preymasters.forumotion.com
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

PostSubject: Re: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Im pretty sure you can get a .223 20g, that would be about perfect!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two days, four cats!   two days, four cats! Empty

Back to top Go down

two days, four cats!
Page 1 of 1