Prey Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Website Home
       HOME
Prey Masters
Fox Pro

Remington
Under Armour
Realtree
MOJO Outdoors
Nikon
Hornady
Winchester
T/C

hard couple of weeks!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prey Masters
Pro Staff
Prey Masters

hard couple of weeks! Empty
PostSubject: hard couple of weeks!   hard couple of weeks! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 am

Went 0 for 15 sets yesterday, even with a big snow on the ground for 5 days. I thought for sure the dogs would be hungry enough to throw caution into the wind and come in. I went through every call on my lanyard and every sound on the Johnny Stewart and even a couple of 1 hour sets. NOTTA!

The first farm I hunted had a week old dead cow that had been eaten on, so I finished the last 1 1/2 hours of the day sitting up on the hillside watching the carcass and would throw out the occasional howl every 15 to 20 minutes. Still nothing.

That makes two weekends in a row that prime conditions and locations hasn't produced a dog....frustrating to say the least!
Back to top Go down
https://preymasters.forumotion.com
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

hard couple of weeks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hard couple of weeks!   hard couple of weeks! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 am

It sure gets that way Mike.I went out this morning, probably the best morning we have had in the last couple weeks. Didnt know it at the time, but called a pair in, normal for this time of year with them breeding. Shot the first on, and it ran off, not knowing there was 2 I hoped up, and there was the other! Anyway, from the looks of what was on the snow, I hit it way to far back. It crossed the fence onto another property that i dont know if i can get on so i backed out. Anyway Stay at em bud!!!!
Back to top Go down

hard couple of weeks!
Page 1 of 1