Prey Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Website Home
       HOME
Prey Masters
Fox Pro

Remington
Under Armour
Realtree
MOJO Outdoors
Nikon
Hornady
Winchester
T/C

New to calling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyingKO

New to calling Empty
PostSubject: New to calling   New to calling EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey guys, cool new site! I'm new to calling and looking for some tips. I picked up a Phantom Wireless Pro Series caller and a quiver critter. Any suggestions on what tones to use for coyotes and cats? How long of a calling sequence and how often between sequences. Any tips you all can give would be great. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

New to calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to calling   New to calling EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

FlyingKO wrote:
Hey guys, cool new site! I'm new to calling and looking for some tips. I picked up a Phantom Wireless Pro Series caller and a quiver critter. Any suggestions on what tones to use for coyotes and cats? How long of a calling sequence and how often between sequences. Any tips you all can give would be great. Thanks
Heck Yeah..... Welcome to the site FlyingKO. Let me give you some starter tips. Basics is key when starting this sport. Im sure your some sort of hunter, Right? Apply those hunting strategies to predator hunting. Use the wind, stay clean, and always try to have a backdrop, and hunting from a elevated position helps. Using a e-caller its hard to do things TO wrong. Always set your caller, off to one side up wind. About 30 or 40 yards. if i get to a spot and can see good at right, but not so much left, i set my call up wind and to my right. Coyotes and foxes will circle almost always downwind from the call. Do not start out loud! Use low volume (just enough for you to hear) after a few mins stop your call, look the landscape over and repeat. Scouting is key for what your calling as well. I pretty much know what im hunting before i hunt it. So, if i scouted a place for coyotes, i call for a few mins then stop for a few, and then call for a few. I stay on stand for coyotes, for about 20 mins. Cats are a little more complex. They tend to be lazy about coming to a call. I call for 10 or 15 mins, stop the call for a few, and repeat. I stay on stand anywhere from 30 to 45 mins, and longer. All calls will call in predators. Best advice i can give is, Get out there! You will learn your own ways. Everyone does it deferent. Hope these tips help, that is what this forum is for, so enjoy, and lets see some action. Coyote Commander.......
Back to top Go down
FlyingKO

New to calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to calling   New to calling EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 pm

I appreciate the reply and good information! I am hoping to put it to use this friday and maybe a little over the weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out!
Back to top Go down
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

New to calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to calling   New to calling EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:28 pm

FlyingKO wrote:
I appreciate the reply and good information! I am hoping to put it to use this friday and maybe a little over the weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out!
We welcome you to the Introduction section! Give us a bite about yourself.
Back to top Go down
XTREMETEXAS
Pro Staff
XTREMETEXAS

New to calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to calling   New to calling EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:15 pm

my advice is keep it simple to start with. Use cottontail in distress and dog pups crying. these two work well for me. if you hunt anyehere close to residences even a mile away a pup call works well. A big help is practice with your rifle or shotgun. be sure you can make the shot when it presents its self. hunt often and watch as many dvd and tv shows as possible, read the litterature abd hunt,hunt,hunt..oh and welcome to the sight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to calling Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to calling   New to calling Empty

Back to top Go down

New to calling
Page 1 of 1