Prey Masters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Website Home
       HOME
Prey Masters
Fox Pro

Remington
Under Armour
Realtree
MOJO Outdoors
Nikon
Hornady
Winchester
T/C

E Caller tips.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

E Caller tips. Empty
PostSubject: E Caller tips.   E Caller tips. EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Ok guys, there are a lot of different way of calling predators. In recent years more and more hunter are reaching for the e-caller. Why? Well its simple. For one the digital sounds that most all callers are loaded with, are of real animal sounds. What better way then to fool your game. Second, the ability to turn volume up or down. Last but not least, to direct the sound of prey away from the hunter.
Im going to start with call placement. Always hunt the wind, most everyones hunting, coyote or deer, you use the wind. I like to keep my caller about 30 to 40 yards out, sometimes even more. Keep the call up wind from your location, and if i get in a spot where i have a cross wind, I will use the caller to one side. Remember a coyote and fox will almost always circle downwind.
Next, i let everything rest for about 5 or 10 minutes before starting my caller. I start volume out low, and keep calling for about 3 or 4 minutes, stop let the call rest for 30 seconds to a minute and repeat. After about the 8 minute mark i will start raising the volume, but not to much. Some coyotes will like a louder call and some will not, but if you start low there should be no worries. Dont be afraid to mix calls up. I like using a jack in distress because a lot of hunter use cottontail or something like. I stay on stand for usually around 20 minutes. Sometime a little longer. Cats i stay for at least 45 minutes.
Finally, after the call, this is important as well. Dont just stop calling pickup and leave. When finished calling give it a few extra minutes and scan for movement. Sometimes a coyote will hang up, and wait. A lot of times when the call stops they will come and take a better look.
I hope these tips will help, Im looking forward to another tip next month.
Thanks Coyote Commander.
Back to top Go down
XTREMETEXAS
Pro Staff
XTREMETEXAS

E Caller tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Caller tips.   E Caller tips. EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 pm

thanks for the tips
Back to top Go down
MOpredator
Pro Staff
MOpredator

E Caller tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Caller tips.   E Caller tips. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Very helpful! Thank you, I might be trying it out this weekend if this blizzard melts away. Snow sucks.
Back to top Go down
Coyote Commander
Pro Staff
Coyote Commander

E Caller tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Caller tips.   E Caller tips. EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

MOpredator wrote:
Very helpful! Thank you, I might be trying it out this weekend if this blizzard melts away. Snow sucks.
No, No.. Snow is good, trust me, youll like hunting the snow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E Caller tips. Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Caller tips.   E Caller tips. Empty

Back to top Go down

E Caller tips.
Page 1 of 1